Saturday, November 6, 2010

The New Me

Well, two years of being on a mission does a lot for you.

It helps you understand the gospel better, it helps you be better at talking to people, you learn a new language if you go on a mission like mine, you get to feel the joy of helping others in the best way possible, and it gives you a much better perspective on life...

And that perspective is what this post is about.

Gamers tend to be put into two categories..."hardcore gamers" or "casual gamers". Before my mission I was definitely a hardcore gamer. No doubt about it. And I was proud to be so called.

But now...if you had to put me into one of the two, I would probably still fit in "hardcore gamer" more than "casual gamer", but the distinction isn't so clear anymore. I will still play video games, but in a more casual way. I get that games really aren't that important, and am going to strive to not put too much time and effort into them. But don't worry, faithful readers of my blog (not that reader should be pluralized.....actually, a "faithful reader" to this blog likely doesn't exist......:P....anyway....)! I'm still going to be gaming and updating this! At least until school starts in January. Then I have a goal to not game...but during breaks I will and I'll do my best to update here when I do.

But this post will just be a thinking post...I should be posting what gaming I've done since getting home sometime next week.

No comments: